FASS Adjustable Veggie Oil Lift Pump fits Ford Powerstroke diesel applications. Part # RPFA-1004.
The fuel pressure is adjustable from 0-80 psi. These are very universal.
Note: Brackets and wiring are not included. See "Related Items" above for more mounting and installation accessories.
FASS & Vegetable Oil
Many vegetable oils have similar fuel properties to diesel fuel, except for higher viscosity and lower oxidative stability. If these differences can be overcome, vegetable oil may substitute for #2 Diesel fuel. For engines designed to burn #2 diesel fuel, the viscosity of vegetable oil must be lowered to allow for proper atomization of fuel, otherwise incomplete combustion and carbon build up will ultimately damage the engine.
Many refer to vegetable oil used as fuel as waste vegetable oil (WVO) if it is oil that was discarded from a restaurant or straight vegetable oil (SVO) or pure plant oil (PPO) to distinguish it from biodiesel.
Vegetable Oil and your FASS pump
Pressure is the key with the use of Veggie Oil and a FASS pump. You need to know the application and pressure needed. There are 3 things that determine how well your FASS pump operates:
3. Fuel Viscosity
The fuel viscosity is going to be higher with the veggie oil, and that is working against your FASS pump. You can't simply run a higher volume pump due to this because the amp draw becomes too excessive. To solve this problem, you must use a smaller gear pumps. They have the best mechanical advantage to move the thicker fuel without increasing motor amps. They also have the best results when higher pressure is needed.
That leaves us with 2 different pumps to use for WVO: the 95 GPH (Smaller motor with small .335 gear) and the 120 GPH (Large motor with small .335 gear). These pumps have pressure ranges that FASS suggests for each. Below is a part number for each replacement pump:
- RPFA-1002 (95 GPH Adjustable)
Pressure range for WVO 8-25 PSI adjustable via a regulator on the pump. Only suggest up to 25 PSI for WVO. For Dodge and Chevy GMC Diesel Applications.
- RPFA-1004 (120 GPH Adjustable)
Pressure Range for WVO is 10-80 PSI adjustable via a regulator on the pump. Only suggest up to 80 PSI for WVO. For Ford Diesel Applications.
Accessories Suggested with pumps:
- WH-1002 - Relay harness
- THB-1001 - Top portion of hanging bracket for fuel pump
- BHB-1001 - Bottom portion of hanging bracket for fuel pump
Bolt Pack #5 - Bolts for THB/BHB-1001
Theory for install:
- DO NOT run any filter between tank and pump less than 144 micron. If a tight primary FILTER is used, it will cause undesirable operation and pressure drops under load. The primary filter needs to be on the pressure side of the pump. Only a pre-strainer to protect the pump is suggested for proper operation.
- Make sure the weep hole is installed downward. VERY IMPORTANT
- Pumps come with a 6 year warranty for WVO applications.
- All o-rings and seals are viton in the pump. These should be resistant to WVO/SVO.
- Max amperage suggested for EM-1001 motor (Smaller motor) is 10 Amps
- Max amperage suggested for EM-1002 motor (Large motor) is 21 Amps