3" Direct Pipe, With Thermal Resistant Wrapping
When upgrading your exhaust system, don't overlook the turbo direct pipe. The factory turbo direct pipe is "flattened" and can be fairly restrictive to your exhaust flow, so you won't see the full potential of your exhaust flow improvements until you upgrade that as well. Our Diamond Eye Turbo Direct Pipe features CNC machined end forms for a precise fit, mandrel bent tubing for smoother flow from the turbo and is covered with a special thermal-resistant wrapping to help reduce EGT's by up to 150 degrees. Incorporate this with one of the "Quiet Tone" exhaust systems for maximum exhaust flow and performance.
This pipe is designed to fit the 2001 through 2004 LB7 Chevrolet Duramax and is intended for Off Road Use Only. This pipe does not fit LLY, LBZ or LMM engines. This pipe will not fit vehicles equipped with the California Emission alternative Turbo Direct Pipe.
• To begin the installation you must disconnect and remove your factory front pipe that attaches to the factory turbo direct pipe, this installation will be easier if you take the front pipe all the way out of the vehicle.
• Remove the transmission dipstick tube and set aside. (Installation of the new Turbo Direct Pipe may require transmission dipstick tube modification for clearance. In particular, a strip of metal may be welded in between the dipstick tube and the bracket to lengthen the bracket in order to reach the mounting studs.)
• Remove the three nuts holding the factory heat shield in place over the top of the turbo and remove the heat shield.
• Remove the bolts and the nuts holding the factory turbo direct pipe in place. (These bolts can be extremely tight from the factory and may require special tooling or the removal of the transmission to allow room for tooling.)
• After removing the factory turbo direct pipe and transmission dip stick tube you can now install the replacement turbo direct pipe, P/N # 321055. Be sure to re-use the factory metal gasket between the turbo direct pipe and the turbo housing. You will need to use the included 10mm bolts to accommodate the thickness of the new pipe flange.
• Once the new turbo direct pipe is installed and tight you can re-install the transmission dip stick tube, this should be done before re-connecting the front pipe onto the new turbo direct pipe. When all procedures mentioned above are completed, you can re-install the front pipe onto the new turbo direct pipe and any other attachments or brackets.