Product # 38567
Your Price: $229.32
[Write A Review]
[Add to Wishlist]
Stanadyne Performance Formula 5 Gallon Bucket.
Part # 38567.
•The premium all-season, multifunction diesel fuel additive,
designed to tackle virtually any diesel fuel related problem
• Meets all fuel system requirements
• Approved by Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs)
Cold Weather Protection - reduces diesel pour point up to 40°F (22°C),
and cold filter plug point by up to 25°F (13°C), depending on base fuel
• Hot Weather Protection - lubricants and cetane improver help when
fuel is hot and “thin”
• Increases Horsepower - with up to 5 point cetane gain to improve
combustion, resulting in better acceleration, power and torque
• Reduces Fuel Consumption - independent tests show gains up to
9.6% in MPG
• Easier and Faster Starting - in all conditions
• Reduces Smoke and Particulate Emissions - and is suitable for
ultra low sulfur diesel
• Cleans and Protects - detergents and deposit modifiers help protect
injection pumps, injectors, nozzles, etc.
• Reduces Wear - lubricity improvers restore lubricity to ultra
low sulfur and other low lubricity diesel fuels
• Stabilizes Fuel - antioxidants keep fuel fresher
• Contains No Alcohol - avoids corrosion and accelerated wear
• Helps Remove Water - special demulsifiers cause tiny water droplets
to come out of suspension/emulsion, so the filter/separator can more effectively
• Specially Formulated for use with ultra low sulfur diesel fuel
• Can be used with Bio Diesel Fuel (up to B5, or 5% bio content)
Add Stanadyne Additives to tank before filling with diesel fuel to ensure thorough mixing. Tighten additive cap securely after use and store upright. Store above 32°F (0°C). All Stanadyne Diesel Fuel Additives can be blended with each other and double-dosing is not damaging although itmay not provide twice the benefit. Where engine and vehicle Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) have approved Stanadyne, most of them recommend Stanadyne Performance Formula, which should be used at every refueling year-round to ensure protection against fuel related problems and to maximize performance.
Please call for further information or to request a Material Safety Data Sheet.
Diesel Fuel Update from Stanadyne Corporation
Diesel fuels are changing and as a diesel engine owner or operator you want to know how you might be affected by these changes. You may have heard of Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel. ULSD (also referred to as S15) is now available in North America and mandated for on-highway use throughout the U.S. by the end of 2006. You may also have heard of bio-diesel. This fact sheet will inform you of the advantages and disadvantages of these fuels and how Stanadyne's additives can assist.
Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel
Beginning in 2006 diesel fuel for on-highway use must have no more than 15 parts per million sulfur. This is a 97% reduction from the previous limit of 500 ppm. Sulfur is removed from diesel fuel at the refinery by a process called hydro-treating, which also effects the fuel in other ways. The American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) publishes the standard for mineral diesel fuel - ASTM D975 which refineries comply with.
Advantages of Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel
- Reduced exhaust emissions
- Improved cold startability and reduced white smoke at cold startup
Disadvantages of Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel
- Higher cost
- Lower energy content. Less BTU's per gallon means reduced power and fuel economy
- Possible premature fuel system wear. The process of removing sulfur can also reduce the natural lubricity of the fuel. There is now a lubricity specification in the D975 standard but it is not as high as what the fuel system manufacturers recommend.
- Compromised fuel stability. ULSD tends to be less stable and will deteriorate sooner than previous diesel spec.
- Fuel System leaks. Reducing sulfur also reduces aromatics. This can resultin rubber seals and hoses in some fuel systems to shrink and result in fuel leaks.
In addition to petroleum, Diesel fuel can also be made from various vegetable oils including Canola and Soybeans. The ASTM also has released a standard, D-6751 for bio-diesel fuels. Stanadyne as well as the other major fuel injection equipment manufacturers have determined that a blend of 5% bio-diesel that meets the ASTM D-6751 standard and 95% mineral diesel that meets the ASTM D-975 standard should not harm fuel system components.This blend is referred to as B5. As with Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel, bio-diesel fuel also has various advantages and disadvantages.
Advantages of bio-diesel
- Reduced exhaust emissions
- Made from renewable resources
- Almost no sulfur (in bio-diesel itself)
- Higher cetane value (51 min Vs 40 min for mineral diesel)
- Excellent lubricity
Disadvantages of bio-diesel
- Could harm certain elastomers (seals)
- Has poor resistance to oxidation especially when blended with ULSD. This results in spoilage and the formation of acids and varnishes
- Bio-diesel can absorb much more water than mineral diesel
- Has lower energy content
What can help?
As a major manufacturer of diesel fuel injection equipment for many years, Stanadyne is familiar with fuel related problems such as water in fuel, low lubricity, and the ongoing problem of low cetane values in North American diesel fuels. Fortunately Stanadyne makes a diesel fuel additive that is designed to address these and other issues.
Stanadyne Performance Formula all season fuel additive:
- Lubricates fuel system components to help prevent wear caused by low lubricity fuels
- Increases cetane value which in turn helps starting, reduces smoke, increases power and fuel economy
- Provides cold weather protection by reducing the fu